Our mission is to provide a safe, goal oriented, learning environment that transitions students from Elementary to High School and from childhood to young adult.
Riversprings Middle School is committed to being a leader in middle level education through the use of innovative practices, implemented by a dedicated, progressive staff.
Our Staff Believes:
All educational programs and school practices should be student-centered rather than subject-centered in order to meet the unique needs of this age.
- Educational programs and school practices should be based on a thorough knowledge of the developmental characteristics of middle school students.
- All curriculum and instruction should appeal to the exploratory nature of middle school students.
- Mastery of basic communication, mathematics and technology skills is of primary importance so that students will have the life skills needed for future studies and work experiences.
- The home is an integral part of any educational endeavor, and should be involved in all aspects of the school program in both advisory and operational roles.
- A structured, safe and physically comfortable environment promotes student learning.
- A student's self-esteem is enhanced by positive relationships and mutual respect among and between students and staff.
- Students learn best when they are actively engaged in the learning process.
- Students learn to make appropriate decisions given a supportive and challenging learning environment.
- Developmentally appropriate learning activities enhance learning at all levels.
- Teachers, parents, and the community share the responsibility for the support of the school's mission.
- Challenging expectations increase individual student performance.
- Exceptional students require special services and resources.
- Middle School students have unique physical, social, emotional, and intellectual needs.
- Instructional practices should incorporate learning activities that take into account differences in learning styles.